Texas holds some good times and some sad times. I wouldn't change a thing.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Don't Get Mad, Get Even




I was brushing Natasha's neck and telling her how happy Noel and I were that she was here. I thanked her for saving his life. While all this girly talk was going on.....out of nowhere she head butts me and bites me in the chest above by left boob. Thank God they aren't still perky. She would have bitten it right off. I am stunned and I stand there for a moment trying to figure out what just happened.

Alfred is sitting on the porch chatting on the cell phone watching the entire scene. I leave the yard, pull half my shirt down and show him. He's laughing so hard tears are running down his face and he can't catch his breath.

"IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!" I say, grabbing my chest.

"I'm sure it does. I can see the teeth marks," he says.

I march back into the yard. I hook the lead rope to her halter and make her run around until she is good and tired. Then we walk around the yard, all the while I'm saying very nice things in a calm assertive voice. Then I gave her a treat before I release her.

She stands there, staring me down, as if to say, "I’m the head mare in this yard and don't you forget it."

I turn as the chain clanks against the fence and Alfred enters the yard. I turn to look at him with Natasha directly behind me. I'm wondering if she's going bite me again.

"Ahh, sweetie, its okay," Alfred says as he walks right passed me and gives Natasha a big neck hug. She nuzzles up to him, her eyes still fixed on me.

It's at this point I realize not only does she own the yard, but she also has Alfred wrapped around her little hoof.

While Alfred is in his office making another work call, I decide to give Natasha a haircut. Let's see what Dad thinks of his little girl now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I love to write about all of God's creations. All my pets are recycled lives. My husband is also recycled.