Texas holds some good times and some sad times. I wouldn't change a thing.

Sunday, September 20, 2009




Feb. 28, 2009


Today I sat in the yard and looked at my horses. The peace and serenity I felt was overwhelming. (Moose was also overwhelmed with peace and serenity as he slept close to me.) The lives that some were willing to get rid of, were such comfort to me that I wept. I looked at Tecs' grave and at Noel and wept some more. Tomorrow I will be 51 years old and I have learned more this year, than any one person can imagine. I learned that Alfred and many others have hearts of gold when it comes to God’s creatures. I learned that some have the blackest hearts on the plant. I learned that God has an agenda that I will never understand until I cross over into the light. I learned that growing old is mandatory and growing up is optional. I learned that some will do what ever it takes to help and some will do just what they need to get by.

The two most important things I learned today were: “I love you more than even one more day.” Exactly what that means for me is……I would give up another day of life, for any one person to understand that God’s creatures are as important, if not more important than any human I know. For me it is no wonder that God spelled backwards is dog. The force of the horse is not just a saying. Rainbow Bridge is a place that animal lovers cross before they enter heaven. That the least among us, are not just the children, but the pets we call our own. The second thing I learned was, “Before we save ourselves we save each other.” May we all come to understand that everyone has a soul? If we are to look for a role model, we need look no further than our pets. Who else stands by our sides in moments of need, loneliness and depression? They never judge.

May the force of horse, dog, cat or any other animal that we bring into our lives, have the respect and love that they deserve. May we all take a moment to look at our loved ones and say thank you God for sharing your creatures with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I love to write about all of God's creations. All my pets are recycled lives. My husband is also recycled.