Texas holds some good times and some sad times. I wouldn't change a thing.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Twlight Zone


March 5, 2009

Our three horses have started something that I hope turns into a Hampton Family Tradition. To be fair, Moose is the one who started this. He is our pasture clown and Barbie doll show horse.

We had a few days of really bad weather here in Brashear, TX and the horses were stalled, for just a few hours, here and there, until the bad weather would pass.

On these occasions Moose would poop in the corner opposite his hay bag and water bucket and he would not pee on his stall mats. We are talking tidiness to an extreme.

Noel on the other hand poops when ever the mood hits. He has no problem standing in any of it. Whether his stall door is opened or not he just goes.

Natasha will step out of her stall to do her business or she will head over to Moose’s stall when he isn’t looking (bless this ladies’ heart) and poop in there.

In the last two weeks Alfred and I have begun to notice less and less poop to scoop from the pasture. This job I do with a doggie scooper and I am very diligent about it. In the morning I know exactly how long it takes and how many trips with the wheel barrel I will have to make. I look like Christopher Columbus, palm of my hand shielding my eyes from the rising sun, as I search for poop. My world is flat and floods in heavy rain where there is no parting of any sea.

Moose has been walking over to the poop pile, gets as close as he can and goes poop. Now Natasha is doing it. This can be a bit scary since she runs the pasture like she owns the place. Noel has actually made this trip a few times himself. If someone has waited to the last minute they will poop by wheel barrel if it turns out to be closer.

Do I have potty trained horses? Does anyone out there have horses that do the same? Or have I entered the Twilight Zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I love to write about all of God's creations. All my pets are recycled lives. My husband is also recycled.